Between December 2011 and December 2016, every three months, we sent an exclusive new track to the subscribers of our mailing list.
No matter what we were into, no matter where or how we'd record it, who was available or how sick was Greg to be able to sing, we had commited ourselves to send a track every three months so that we did.
It allowed us to record some songs that we liked a lot but never enough to give them a proper existence on our EPs (think B-sides here).
Ultimately, we never really knew how fun it was for the subscribers but it was certainly fun for us (and really f***ing hard to keep that 3 months steady pace) so here you go, have yourself a little slice of lo-fi fun as well.
released November 9, 2022
Thanks to all the people that worked on this strange adventure at some point <3
(And thanks to all of you who opened one of our emails to listen a mp3 one day, there's a lot of you in this compilation too :)
All songs written by Wonderflu except:
- "Lulu Carabine", music by Wonderflu, lyrics by René Goscinny <3
- "Piracy", music by Wonderflu, lyrics by the Federation Against Copyright Theft and the Motion Picture Association of America in cooperation with the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore
- "Happy Days", music by Charles Fox, lyrics by Norman Gimbel
All the people playing:
– Greg: Voice (except on 8) + Backing Vocals on 8 + Guitar (except on 8, 17, 18, 20, 21)
– Santiago: Guitar (except on 14, 15) + Voice on 8 + Banjo on 21
– Marco: Drums on 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20 + Cartoon voice on 18
– Gretch: Bass on 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 13, 16, 19
– Sylvia: Bass on 2
– Gael: Drums on 12
– James Van Leuven (from great bands Sub Debs, Plan B, Sun Breaks): Drums on 1
– Tonton Grendy (from awesome band Famille Grendy): Amazing guitar solo on 5
All recordings made by Wonderflu except:
– James Van Leuven @ Alfortville on 1
– Roland, Quentin and Mehdi @ Le Plan (Ris-Orangis) on 13
– Hector @ Trouville on 2
All tracks mixed by Antoine Poncet except:
– Hector Lemerle on 2
– Ben Auriel on 4
– Clément Labre and Tanguy Delaire on 13
– Medhi Chefaï on 18
– Wonderflu on 5, 15, 17-21
All tracks mastered by Carl Saff
(Thanks to him and his bleeding ears for working on this more or less lo-fi mess)
Artwok by Halfbob
(Yes he's a genius. That's why we wrote a song about him. You can listen to it on this album)
If we somehow missed a credit, please forgive us and let us know.